1. Can I backup the messages?
The backup option
is given on the profile page. The backup
will be taken in the device.
it will prompt the user to restore
from the backup.
User can select the backup file and restore
to get the previous chat messages back.
The automatic backup
will be taken by the application
in case the user goes logged off.
2. What is the Mute Notification Sound option?
The Mute Notification
option from the settings
will mute the sound of all notifications received
- From the Settings, go to the notifications tab and tap on it.
- Tap on the right side of the slider to mute notifications.
- To unmute the notifications, tap on the left side of slider which will unmute the notifications
There are also options for muting sound
for a particular group
as well as muting sound
for a particular contact.
3. How do I know the user’s availability?
- To view the availability of another user, tap on their name from the contact
- Tap on their name displayed on top of the chat window opened. If a green ring is visible around the photo, the user is online.
4. How can I view my own status?
Tap the Settings tab,
then tap on your username
where the last status will be displayed
5. Can I prevent the auto-download of files?
- Through the App Settings, tap on the Auto-Download media file option towards the left to turn them
- To turn auto-download again, tap on the right-side [icon] of the slider on the same
6. How can I logout from the GIMS App? Will other contacts be able to know that I am offline?
- Tap on Settings and choose the Logout
- Confirm ‘Yes’ to logout from the Other users will be no longer be shown your Active status which will indicate to them that you are logged out of the system.
7. Will I be able to receive messages when I am logged out?
The system server
will store messages/files
as per the policy sent
by other users
to you during the time that you are logged out of the GIMS App.
chat window will display a single tick
to the sender.
Once you login back again, these messages/files
will be delivered
8. What does Optimise Notification feature mean?
This feature allows timely receipt of notification for GIMS App.
It consists of 2 steps:
Read More Article:
- Enable Auto Start for GIMS: This allows GIMS App to auto start once phone is switched on
- Ignore battery optimization: This feature allows GIMS App to always run in the background which helps in getting timely notifications but may reduce battery