GIMS App – Audio & Video Calling
1. Can I call a user?
Yes, a user can call another user using the audio or video calling functionality of GIMS.
2. How can I audio or video call a user?
- Go to the chat window
- Select the user with whom you want to make the call by soft pressing on their chat thread
- On top right corner there are two options – Audio call, Video call. Tap on [Audio Icon] for audio call and [Video Icon] for video call
3. I am getting an incoming audio/video call. How can I accept this call?
Once the user taps on icon,
the call will be accepted and the user will be connected to the person calling
4. How can I disconnect an audio /video call?
User can tap to disconnect
while making the call to a contact or while the call is active to disconnect
5. I want to see the time I received or made an audio /video call to a contact. Is there any option?
You can view the exact time you received or made an audio or video call on the chat window of the contact. For example, an incoming call at 3:00 PM will be displayed as ‘Incoming Audio Call @ 15:00 PM’ or ‘Incoming Video Call @ 15:00 PM’ depending on whether its Audio or Video call respectively. Similarly, an outgoing call will be displayed as ‘Outgoing Audio Call @ 15:00 PM’ or ‘Outgoing Video Call @ 15:00 PM’ depending on whether its Audio or Video call respectively. The incoming and outgoing call will be distinguishable by the different icons displayed.
6. Can I see the duration of an ongoing audio /video call?
The timer displayed during the call displays the duration of call in format mm:ss (minutes: seconds). For instance, a call of 6 minutes 50 seconds duration will be displayed as 06:50 on the message window during the call.
7. I don’t want to accept an incoming audio /video call. How can I do so?
Once user taps on [Reject Icon]
, the call will be rejected.
8. I want to mute my sound during video call. How can I do so?
Tap on mic icon [mic icon]
to mute the sound. The mic icon will be disabled and changed to [mic icon]
, which shows that your sound is muted and user on the other end of the call will not be able to hear you.
9. I want to unmute my sound during video call. How can I do so?
If you have muted your mic, [mic icon]
tap on disabled mic icon [mic icon]
to unmute the sound. The mic icon will be enabled and change to , which shows that your sound is unmuted and user on other end of the call will be able to hear you again.
10. I want to reverse/invert my camera view to shows images during the video call. How can I do so?
You can tap on [camera icon]
during the call which will reverse the camera view and show the other view apart from the one currently visible to the receiver. You can tap on the icon [camera icon]
to toggle between front side and back side view.
Read More Article: